At London Bridge Physiotherapy our approach is all about you, your goals and your recovery. We believe in taking the time to understand your condition and design personalised physiotherapy treatment and rehabilitation programs with exercises. We want you to recover and return to your normal activities more competent and able than you were before.
We have a team of experienced specialist physiotherapists and we will be able to find the ideal therapist for you. Whether you are admitted to the hospital and treated by our inpatient team, who form an integral part of your stay at London Bridge Hospital, or you come to an appointment with one of our outpatient physiotherapists, our team of specialists will be able to help. See the full list of services and click on the links to read more about each of them:
- Physiotherapy (known as musculoskeletal physiotherapy) - we're here to help if you have pain and discomfort as a result of a work-related injury, ongoing back or neck pain, joint stiffness, or if you need rehabilitation after surgery.
- Sports Physiotherapy - if you have injured yourself playing sport, want to prevent injury or enhance performance, we have a dedicated team on hand to help you.
- Neurological Physiotherapy - for the ongoing management of acute or long-term conditions such as stroke, brain injury, multiple sclerosis (MS), or Parkinson’s.
- Vestibular Physioterapy - for management of vertigo and dizziness symptoms
- Cardio-Respiratory Physiotherapy - for rehabilitation following cardiac or thoracic surgery or in the management of long term conditions such as Hyperventilation Bronchiectasis or COPD.
- Women’s Health - for the treatment and management of continence problems, post-gynaecological surgey.
- Men's Health - for the treatment and management of problems following prostate surgery
- Hand Therapy - for the treatment of hand conditions, complemented with custom made hand splinting and workstation analysis assessment and advice.
- UVB (Ultra-violet B therapy) [otherwise known as Phototherapy] - for the management of common skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema (must be referred from a consultant dermatologist)
- Oncology - for those who are going through or are recovering from the effects of cancer.
- Orthopaedic - for rehabilitation following having surgery for soft tissue or bony injuries.
Our physiotherapy team has a minimum of five years’ experience (and many team members much more!). They are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). Our therapists have extensive experience, many with Masters qualifications in their specialist areas. The team is actively supported to continue to develop through attending courses and conferences to ensure we are using the most up-to-date treatment, and the latest technological advances to aid rehabilitation.
Working within London Bridge Hospital we benefit from a close relationship with Consultants and Radiologists. We meet regularly and have joint clinics, which gives us a deeper level of insight into the diagnosis and treatment of all conditions, allowing us to work together to produce the best long-term results. As we want you to recover and return to your normal activities within the shortest and safest period of time, it also means that if we feel that physiotherapy is not working, or that your problem would benefit further investigation, we know exactly who to refer you to.