Women's Health Physiotherapy
Women’s Health is a specialised field of Physiotherapy that focuses on female health related problems.
- Pelvic floor injury and dysfunction
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Preparation for, and recovery after, gynaecological surgery
- Problems with bladder and bowel control
- Problems with sexual intercourse
What does Women’s Health Physiotherapy involve?
Our specialist in women’s health physiotherapy are trained to have specialist knowledge and skills to help with the following:
- Assess your pelvic floor function and teach you how to carry out pelvic floor muscle exercises correctly
- Help you prepare for and recover after gynaecological surgery, and return to normal activity
- Offer advice on activities and exercise that may strain your pelvic floor
- Offer advice on bladder retraining and fluid management
- Offer guidance on desensitising and massaging painful scar tissue following childbirth or gynaecological surgery
- Teach correct defecation techniques for healthy bowel habits
We have a dedicated Physiotherapist - Riette Vosloo, who specialises in women's health physiotherpay, to download more information please click here.